A photo of Ghislaine Maxwell and Kevin Spacey sitting on Queen Elizabeth’s thrones in Buckingham Palace has emerged, raising serious questions about pedophilia in elite circles and plunging the Royal Family into crisis.
It is claimed accused pedophiles Ghislaine Maxwell, 58, and Kevin Spacey, 60, gave “regal waves” and “larked about” during the VIP visit to Buckingham Palace which was arranged by Prince Andrew, the Duke of York in 2002
Buckingham Palace declined to comment when contacted by the Press Association.
Kevin Spacey was accused, but not convicted, of making unwanted sexual advances against a 14-year-old boy in 2017, among other sexual abuse allegations that left his career in tatters.
Mirror report: Maxwell was arrested by the FBI on Thursday over allegations she helped disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein “identify, befriend and groom” girls as young as 14.
Meanwhile, the duke has been urged to provide information in relation to the investigation after his friend Maxwell appeared in court accused of facilitating Epstein’s sexual exploitation of underage girls.
Audrey Strauss, acting US attorney for the southern district of New York, told a press conference that authorities would “welcome” a statement from the duke.
But a source close to Andrew said: “The duke’s team remains bewildered given that we have twice communicated with the Department of Justice (DOJ) in the last month and to date we have had no response.”
Lawyers for some of Epstein’s alleged victims on Friday added pressure on Andrew to speak about his friendship with the Epstein, who took his own life in prison last year while awaiting trial on sex trafficking and conspiracy charges.
Spencer Coogan said his clients were “relieved” that Maxwell, daughter of late media mogul Robert Maxwell, had finally been arrested and urged Andrew to speak up about what he witnessed while visiting Epstein’s properties in New York, Palm Beach and the Virgin Islands.
He told the BBC Radio 4 Today programme: “I certainly think Prince Andrew has a story to tell. On behalf of the victims we have continuously asked him to step forward, step up, be a man and tell us what he knows.”
At a brief hearing on Thursday, a magistrate judge ordered Maxwell to remain in custody while she is transferred to New York for a detention hearing.
Ms Strauss claimed that the socialite had helped Epstein to exploit underage girls and “in some cases” would participate in the abuse herself.
Four of the six charges cover Maxwell’s dealings with Epstein from 1994 to 1997, when she was in an “intimate relationship” with him, according to the indictment.